THE LOCAL IMPACT
Make this community your own
Small- and medium-sized businesses create community. Spending locally contributes to more vibrant neighbourhoods.
- Local businesses sponsor sports teams and host social events
- Community groups receive far more support from locally owned businesses than from out-of-territory businesses
- Yukon’s unique identity is reflected in our businesses
Get personalized service
Speak to a Yukoner who cares. Browse new products as unique as you and feel confident in your purchase.
- Get well-rounded advice with a two-way conversation
- Save on shipping costs and time – have it in-hand today or have it ordered for you
- In-store shopping is a 360-degree experience for all your senses
What's on offer is up to you
Local businesses are committed to Yukoners first. The more you shop, the more we grow and the better able we are to respond to your needs.
- Local businesses improve stock and service based on your feedback
- Local is online too! Local businesses have websites and offer shipping options, same as outside
- Loyalty programs reward your relationship
Career futures start here
Every Yukoner started somewhere. Local businesses create jobs for Yukoners of all ages, making it possible to pursue local passions and call the Yukon home for a lifetime.
- The retail trade has the largest number of permanent employees in the Yukon1
- Entrepreneurs and start-ups help Yukoners develop competitive skill sets
- Job prospects keep our friends, family and neighbours in the Yukon
Join our vision for a Yukon that is unique, independent and local.
1The Local Multiplier Effect – American Independent Business Alliance